EarthShare Washington is looking for an emerging fundraising professional with a strong interest in environmental issues and the desire to have a big impact. This position reports to the Executive Director and has primary responsibility for growing entry-level giving and expanding EarthShare’s presence in the community. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, have a working knowledge of fundraising best practices, and the confidence to creatively challenge those norms when necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Grow our individual donor pipeline through identification, cultivation and stewardship of new and existing entry-level donors (up to $250 annually)
- Develop and implement direct mail, email and social media appeals in line with organizational priorities and brand guidelines
- Promote public awareness, solicit sponsorships and increase participation in the annual Earth Day Challenge as well as other fundraising activities
- Provide prompt and standardized data entry of gifts and generation of acknowledgment letters to donors
- Develop a communications plan aimed at keeping our donors regularly apprised of our work and the impact of their gifts
- Represent EarthShare Washington at a variety of tabling and presentation opportunities in support of expanding our public presence and introducing new audiences to our work
- College degree is a plus, but demonstrated experience and competency are of the most value to us
- 3+ years of fundraising, marketing, professional sales or related experience
- Working knowledge of fundraising best practices and principles
- Strong public speaking and excellent writing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and social media platforms and experience managing fundraising database (preferably Salesforce)
- Excellent organizational skills and exceptional flexibility
- Ability and willingness to occasionally work non-standard hours – including evenings and weekends – for events and meetings
- Local candidates with knowledge of the Seattle philanthropic community preferred
Salary & Benefits:
This is a part-time position (28 hours/week, in office approximately 4 days a week) with the potential to become fulltime. The expected salary range is $18.00-$19.50/hour. Benefits include medical, dental and vision, subsidized orca pass, two weeks paid vacation and four sick days in first year.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and three (3) professional references to email@example.com with “Development & Outreach Associate” in the subject line. Label all submitted materials with your last name. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the large number of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted. Position is open until filled.
About EarthShare Washington (ESW)
EarthShare Washington unites people, organizations and resources to champion Washington’s environmental future. Our membership of 60 leading environmental nonprofits works to protect and conserve our forests, farmland and water resources, safeguard human and animal health, promote renewable energy, combat climate change, and provide education on these issues so we are all better informed and able to act. In turn, we promote their work and seek resources to support it in public and private workplaces throughout the state, while giving employees and the general public the opportunity to engage the environmental community and have the broadest and most effective possible impact.