Sightline Institute, the Northwest’s sustainability think tank, seeks an office administrator to help keep our systems ship-shape in support of a building a sustainable region. The successful candidate will have a keen attention to detail, be able to juggle multiple tasks on an ongoing basis, and possess excellent communication skills. We’re looking for someone personable, resourceful, and quick on their feet. The office administrator has lead responsibility for making Sightline’s office run exceptionally well. They provide assistance to the executive director and the policy director; coordinates volunteers; and supports organizational development and governance.
This position serves as troubleshooter for all staff and is managed by the Managing Director. Each Sightline staff member serves as a community-builder and ambassador of our mission, and so passion for a sustainable and equitable Northwest is a must.
The office administrator will:
Provide executive assistance
- Serve as public liaison for the Executive Director (ED), maintaining communications, managing calendar,Scheduling, and handling logistics for meetings and travel, assembling briefing materials, coordinating allspeaking engagements
- Support the Policy Director (PD) with scheduling, travel arrangements, and speaking engagements
- Assist ED with board and committee functions and member recruitment
- Perform administrative tasks requested by ED and PD, such as preparing slides for speeches
Serve as lead Office Administrator
- Maintain an effective working space and “tool chest” for staff and volunteers (office space, furniture, computer equipment, phone system, office supplies)
- Manage budget for office administration
- Answer the main Sightline phone line and serve as first impression ambassador in the office
- Serve as liaison to building management/maintenance (e.g., lease, storage)
- Procure and care for Sightline’s office systems, such as computers, printers, phones; maintain manuals; train staff on use
- Perform basic network and phone system administration and troubleshooting, with support of contract network administrator
- Serve as liaison to technology vendors and contractors
- Maintain and restock office and book order fulfillment supplies and stationery as needed
- Distribute mail; manage resources for mailing and shipping items
- Orient new employees, volunteers, and interns to office and equipment; arrange work space and technologies
- Respond to and screen speaker requests, assist with logistics as needed
Support Sightline’s organizational development
- Plan and manage logistics for board meetings and staff outings, including annual board/staff retreat
- Maintain and update the Sightline board records and policy manual
- Maintain systems for board communications and access to board documents
- Support ED in annual work planning and five-year strategic planning processes
Key qualifications include:
- Great communicator
- Ability to connect easily with people; friendly
- Creative problem solver
- High degree of professionalism
- Passion for learning
- Facility with Outlook and other Microsoft programs a plus
Salary & Benefits:
Sightline offers competitive benefits, including health and dental insurance, four weeks of vacation, ten days sick/safe leave, nine paid holidays, retirement contribution, and a three-month paid sabbatical every seven years. The salary range for this position is $40,000-$45,000 DOE.
Please email a cover letter and resume to Kristin Gilkerson: email@example.com.
Sightline appreciates a broad array of experiences and backgrounds and is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We continually strive to ensure that our audiences, staff, and board reflect the geographic, racial, ethnic, socio-economic, and other demographic diversity of the Northwest.
Position open until filled.